Friday, October 9, 2009

Dragonette Concert

I found out that Dragonette was going to play at the Mod Club and I was so excited to go to a rock show for a band that I enjoy! I got my sister to pick us up 3 tickets (one for Daniel) from soundscapes - this let us bipass the $10 per ticket charge from ticketmaster - Assholes! So yeah, the tickets were $15, and Ruby Jean and the Thoughtful Bees were opening.

The concert was yesterday (the Thursday before the Thanksgiving long weekend). Doors at 6:30, show at 7. By the time we got close-by it was 7 and we stopped off at this cute little place for paninis. By the time we got there it was 7:30 and I figured that Ruby Jean would be halfway into her set, but unfortunately she didn't even start. She turned out to be quite unentertaining. It was entertaining however to note the variety of people who came out. A lot of gays and a lot of geek types (and one very annoying guy who was on E in front of us!) lol

When the show finally started I was psyched! They played all the hits from their first album and lots from their second album too. Sadly my sister wasn't as entertained and left early. It was an awesome show, I was so happy! Dragonette DIDN'T play two of my favourite songs. But in their defense, these two are only internet songs and have not been released on an album. One of them is Boys and the other is ...



Next on the list of shows is a Basement Jaxx DJ set, so exited!

No comments:

Post a Comment